12-01-2010 Clearly Worth a Toast!

No need to fear anymore, toast perfectionists, for your bread will never be too white, too brown, or too burnt again – UK design team, Inventables, have found a solution. The Transparent Toaster really is just that – a see through appliance consisting of two sheets of glass that are able to be heated, and therefore can cook bread while you watch. “This transparent toaster allows you to see bread while it is toasting so you’re never surprised by toast that comes out too dark,” The Inventables team explain. Put the bread in between the glass sheets, watch the slice cook until it’s the perfect colour, and eject. Simple and easy. Yet what’s so convenient about Inventables’ Transparent Toaster is it’s also for those who are too busy (or too impatient!) to watch their bread slowly turn to the optimal shade... the appliance also has a conventional timer dial. Sorted.

Source: www.smarthouse.com.au

Comments

• Posted by Kate Hutchinson on 18/01/2010 13:59
  • I cannot believe this hasn\'t been thought of before? Finally, I\'ll never have to smell (or eat!) burnt toast again. Hopefull they\'ll be available in Australia ASAP.

• Posted by Warwick Smith on 18/01/2010 15:20
  • Shame it only fits one piece! I usually eat four pieces of toast just in the morning!

• Posted by Zach Kaplan on 19/01/2010 08:14
  • Inventables is actually based in Chicago, IL in the United States. You can find us online at <a href=\\\"http://www.inventables.com\\\">www.inventables.com</a>

• Posted by TrUn on 20/01/2010 10:46
  • Looks extra posh! I\'m sure they will design one for 2 slices or sanwiches, as well!

• Posted by Roberto Blanco on 20/01/2010 10:47
  • I have a personal \'saying\'.. .. Why buy one when you can buy two for twice the price. Problem solved Warwick. Well... sort of... cut the carbs!

• Posted by Electronics reviews on 13/02/2011 15:13
  • Found your blog by accident for the 2nd time today so I imagined I\'d take a nearer appear. I\'ve just began making my own blog and modeling it after what you may have done. I hope mine is going to be as effective as yours.

Submit your comment

Dandi June 2009

Design

Exclusive Interview: Ben Heine

On our quest for outstanding designers we recently came across Ben Heine in Brussels, Belgium. Ben is a painter, illustrator, portraitist and photographer who has developed amazing design concepts such as "Digital Circlism" and "Pencil vs. Camera". We interviewed Ben and asked him where he draws his design inspiration.

Read More...